Life After the Second Line

Friday, March 02, 2007

Getting There

It's official: I am now 26 weeks, 2 days pregnant, and since my doctor intends to schedule the C-section somewhere around the 39 week mark, I have made it to my third trimester! Time has moved very, very slowly up to this point, but I think things may start to speed up now. For one thing, the nesting instinct is starting to creep in, so I think we'll finally start making some real preparations for this little one's arrival. For another, it's March -- WOOHOO! I know winter is officially here for a few more weeks, and even beyond that we're likely to have a few cold patches, but November - February is over, and those, to me, are the most brutal months. Now it's time to think Spring.

To my complete disbelief, things are still looking ok on the b/p front. It's not fantastic, but it's not meds-worthy either, and it seems to be holding steady rather than creeping up like I'd feared. I'm already five weeks farther in than I was last time when I had to start meds. I guess, even though I've felt very much like I did while expecting P & E, it really is easier to carry a singleton than it is to carry two. Hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that.

P & E's second birthday is fast approaching, too. Now that I can't believe. Seems like just yesterday I was trying to figure out where to hold their first birthday party, and now it's nearly time to do it all again? Yikes. I wonder how many years of co-parties I can get away with before they start demanding separate, gender specific festivities?

I worry about them a little bit because they just aren't saying much yet. I remember last year, at their party, I was thinking how they'd probably be little chatterboxes by the next year's event. Um. . . . not so much. P is saying *maybe* 20 words, including animal noises she knows, and E isn't even to that point yet. I'm hoping they're just late bloomers, especially since they are on target or maybe even ahead of schedule in their physical development, but I don't know when it's time to really be concerned. As of their 18 month appt., their doctor wasn't. He said twins tend to talk a bit later, and some singletons talk late anyway, and he figured they'd start talking when they were damn good and ready. Well, maybe he didn't say that in so many words, but that was the gist. So I guess I'll keep taking the wait and see approach for now.

Let's see, what else . . . oh! Names. Names, people. I know there aren't many of you reading this, but seriously, if you have any boy name suggestions, they would be most greatly appreciated. We've got NOTHING. Help!

4 Comments:

  • Congrats on reaching the third trimester--and congrats on the BP hanging in there (and I'm thinking you didn't jinx it by writing that here)!

    I know where you're coming from with the whole second birthday thing. Only 3 months to Miss J's and I, like you, find myself once again wondering where to have it, what to do, etc. I imagine it must be even harder planning for two but I've no doubt you kick planning ass :-)

    Hmmm...boy names. That's a toughie. We had one boy name we were set with if D had been a boy
    : Jack (A's grandfather's name) Matthew. I was always a fan of Tyler too but it got shot down, as did Alex/Alexander. I have a friend who went with Bryce, which I think is a nice name and original. I also like Lucas and Cole is another one that's grown on me.

    No offense taken if you think they all suck. Creativity is hard to come by in these parts nowadays, as is sleep, and clear thinking.

    Happy gestating my friend--you're doing great as is that little boy of yours!

    By Blogger Dee, at 12:36 PM  

  • I really, really, love the name Elijah but can't use it b/c of my last name.

    I also like Ezra, Thomas, Sam, and Russell.

    But IF I have a boy I plan on naming him Ezra, but I suppose we could share ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 AM  

  • Congrats on the third trimester! I've got no great suggestions, but good luck deciding on a name.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

  • Hi-- I just found your blog the other day, a few days before I found myself in exactly your position (how's that for irony?) I started a "secret" (i.e., secret from all of our friends and family) blog- you can see it if you link through my username. I haven't had a chance to read through all of your entries, but I'm looking forward to hearing how you're dealing with all of this and with having a new infant and toddlers, as well. Good luck to you!!!

    By Blogger Twinsplusone?, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home