Life After the Second Line

Thursday, October 12, 2006

One Heck of an Update

Right. So I haven't posted here since August, when I mentioned G and I would be seeking marriage counseling in the next couple weeks. A lot has happened since then -- first off, we went to counseling, and it has helped enormously. We're really learning to see things from each other's perspectives and to treat each other much more carefully than we have done for years. Things have been good. Really good. So good, in fact, that we've done a fair bit of "celebrating" our newly rejuvinated marriage.

And now I'm pregnant.

Yup. That's right. I, Heather, of the two years ttc + IVF babies, now find myself with a surprise on the way. I just found out tonight, and it doesn't seem real, and maybe it isn't. Maybe I'll wake up in the morning and this will all have been a dream. But I'm looking at the pee stick, and the test line is really, really dark -- much darker than the control line -- and I'm thinking if this isn't real somebody better pinch me pretty damn soon.

I can't believe it. I don't know what else to say. Story to follow later, when I can breathe.

6 Comments:

  • Still shocked as shit for you. I'm sure you're more shocked though. Also? Glad the counseling helped - there's your blessing in disguise as I know you were worried about going in the first place.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:38 AM  

  • WOW! That's wonderful that the counseling has been helping and congratulations! I really hope everything works out and I will be thinking about you.

    By Blogger Brandy, at 6:07 AM  

  • Holy crap. Congratulations!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 AM  

  • Wow!!! Congratulations!!! Holding good thoughts for you.

    By Blogger WriterGrrl, at 6:38 AM  

  • Woohoo--it's great to hear the counseling is going well and as for the other news? Well, knock me over with a feather!

    Wonderful news and I'm hoping along with everyone else for a healthy and happy progression. Sincere congrats coming your way :-) And I hear you on the can't believe it--here I am six months along and I still can't believe it.

    By Blogger Dee, at 12:57 PM  

  • I wanted to reply to the last post but didn't feel qualified, and never came up with what I wanted to say. This time though, I am SO happy for you!

    By Blogger Just Me, at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home