Life After the Second Line

Thursday, May 04, 2006

To hell with it, I can't think of a title

Well, first off, I guess I didn't quite get around to writing my mushy, ultra-sappy birthday post. I think that's ok. P & E received much mush and sappiness in real life on both their actual birthday and the day of their party, so I think that's more important.

Speaking of their party, it went off without a hitch! We had the most beautiful weather that day; I couldn't have scripted anything more perfect. It was April 22 in central Illinois, yet warm and sunny enough to strip the babes down to their diapers and roll them right out onto the deck in their high chairs to eat their cake. Sooooo cute! They were both their usual drooly, smiley, happy selves all day long, despite the fact that they had nearly 40 people staring at them the entire time. They were angels. They ARE angels. What can I say? They make me so proud.

Which is why, despite my vow last April when I was hospitalized that I would never attempt to have any more biological children, I now find myself so tempted to try it. It won't be anytime soon -- hubby is far from convinced it's a good idea -- but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I'd love to do it. I was talking to a friend of mine just last week about this, and I told her I was waiting for a sign. "If G or I get a job that covers IVF," I said, "that will be sign enough." Well, wouldn't you know it? Yesterday G was approached about taking a full-time supervisory position with the facility that is currently his second job. I don't know this for a fact, but I think insurance through this place would, in fact, cover IVF. (In Illinois, insurance coverage for IVF is mandated albeit with several exceptions, one of which exempts his current employer). Interesting, huh? There are still a lot of "ifs" and "maybes" involved, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but it's intriguing just the same.

Of course, there's still the whole thing about how I feel guilty about both thinking and blogging about possibly shooting for a third child when so many are still longing for #1. But that's enough for a whole other post.

1 Comments:

  • Glad to hear the party was a smashing success, and I bet P&E were darling! It must have been a wonderful day (makes me even more impatient for J's big day next month!). It goes by so fast, doesn't it?

    That would be great if the husband's job opportunity panned out--and I would definitely take it as a 'sign' if it did!

    We're gearing up to try for #2 here ourselves...and you're right, there's something guilt-inducing about saying/writing/doing that when so many others are still waiting for their first.

    By Blogger Dee, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home