Life After the Second Line

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Well, that's settled. Kind of.

So, about P & E's birthday party. We decided to keep it small and intimate; immediate family members only. That is, until I mentioned it to my best friend, who reeeeeally wanted to come. So fine, we invited her. But then she mentioned it to another of our good friends, who brought it up at girls' night a few weeks ago in front of everyone. And so on, and so on.

We've invited 46 people.

There's no way on God's green earth we can fit 46 people into our 1450 square foot house. Maybe we'll be able to go outside, but for a party to be held on April 22, I'd say the odds of the weather cooperating are maybe 50/50. There are a number of community buildings in the small towns around here that you can reserve, rent free, but we didn't really want to go that route either. They're just so blah. And sometimes a little rundown and dingy. (Although, to be fair, I think the one in our own tiny town is at least fairly new and clean). Anyway, long story short, we've decided to have the party at G's parents' house. They have a huge, sprawling ranch with big rooms that should allow plenty of space for everyone to spread out. They also have an enormous deck overlooking their pond, should the weather happen to be nice that day. I think it'll be ok. Now, the main thing I'm worried about is whether P & E will be up for the festivities, particularly when the festivities may involve this many people. E still loves pretty much everyone, but P has turned into a mommy's girl to the extreme. I'm guessing I'll have her in my arms for most of the day, but hopefully she'll at least let me put her down so she can get her hands on her cake!

2 Comments:

  • Yea for party plans! And it sounds like a good plan too--hoping the weather is nice for the 'icing on the day.'

    I hear you on the mommy's girl thing...J is at that stage. A and I refer to her lovingly as 'the tick' 'cause she burrows in when you try to hand her off to someone (family or close friends) or when someone new comes up to say hi. I'm hoping, like you, that it won't be a factor when the time comes for her first b'day party. Carrying this 18 pounder around now makes my arms ache, and I imagine she'll gain a little bit more in the next two months.

    Good luck with everything--what a wonderful day...and a year...I mean, where does it go?

    By Blogger Dee, at 8:40 PM  

  • Congratulations and Happy Birthday to the twins.

    Jenn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home