Life After the Second Line

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Still here, sort of

I wish I was better about updating this blog. Really I do. I honestly don't know where the time goes. I mean, obviously two six month olds (six months old already? holy shit!) will keep anyone busy, but when I go to bed at night and think back over the day, I really can't say where my time has gone. It passes in a blur, often with nothing particularly significant having been accomplished, yet almost every night -- almost -- I fall asleep happy. That's soooooo not like me. I've always been a resolute glass-half-empty kind of gal. But really, how could I ever look at two such beautiful little faces sleeping so peacefully as I tiptoe out of the nursery, and not feel that way?

Yeah. They've turned me into a big 'ol softie. It's probably good I don't work at the law office anymore, as it is possible I might not be even be able to flip the bitch switch as quickly and confidently as I could before. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I could.

Well, anyway, about the kids. They're growing, growing, growing. P has, in fact, shot up to the 10th (tenth!) percentile in weight as of her last checkup. For a true six month old, that is. For her adjusted age, she's probably even a wee bit on the chubby side. Alas, E hasn't made it onto the chart yet, but I truly believe that is only because he moves so much. The kid is a FAST. He can't crawl yet, but he can scoot like nobody's business. And the rolling. My God, the rolling. Who knew that could be such a quick and efficient way to move from point A to point B? We haven't babyproofed the house yet, but being as we live in a tri-level and spend most of our time on the main floor right now, that's going to need to happen real, real soon. That's an assload of stairs for delicate baby bodies to go tumbling down.

Uh oh, someone's crying. See, this is why a month goes by between my posts these days.

2 Comments:

  • Glad to see all is well and the babies are doing great!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 7:18 AM  

  • Sounds like things are going well in the household--yea for happy times and happy you!

    And here's to the 10th percentile--and E will get on there before you know it :-)

    By Blogger Dee, at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home