Life After the Second Line

Monday, May 14, 2007

18 Days

Yup. 18 days until our newest little man is scheduled to make his appearance. On one hand, it's hard to believe, but on the other, I feel like I've been pregnant forever. I am so ready to have my boy in my arms instead of headbutting my bladder.

I had my nearly 37 week appointment today, and everything looked pretty good. In fact, for the first time, the nurse did not use that obnoxious buzzing noisemaker pressed against my belly in order to wake the young man enough to pass his NST. Only problem was my amniotic fluid was a tad low. Of course that freaked me out, but the NP assured me it was only "borderline", not horrible, and that I probably just needed to drink more. I was holding a water bottle at the time. She looked at it and said, "Four of those a day should do it." Four? That is 80 freaking ounces of water a day! Does she not realize that I am already peeing 24 times a day??? Argh. Then she added, "Try to get some milk and juice in on top of that." Good Lord. But, all for a good cause. I am now on my third bottle of the day.

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect that, when I go for my next appointment a week from today, if the fluid is still running low they might go ahead and deliver him. I'll be nearly 38 weeks by then, and my doctor will be back in the office. (She is on vacation this week). I'm definitely going to take my husband and my suitcase to the appointment, just in case.

So for now it's just a waiting game. Luckily I have P & E to keep me more than occupied. Mother's Day with them yesterday was just incredible, and I couldn't stop thinking about how blessed I was. I really get to keep both of them, and now I get another one on top of it? Try telling THAT to the Heather of three years ago whose first IVF cycle had just been cancelled. She'd never, ever have believed it. She still doesn't, sometimes.

4 Comments:

  • Glad to hear all is still well. I wondered a little when I didn't see you online today. 18 more days? Incredible.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:52 PM  

  • 18 days! Yay!

    The Jenn of 3 years ago never would believe that she has this beautiful baby girl and she gets to keep her either.

    We've come a long way :)

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 5:29 PM  

  • Well it does sound like things are going pretty well (peeing 24 times a day aside.) I can't believe that go time is almost here, I'm so excited for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 PM  

  • Wow--and congrats! So glad to hear that all is still going great.

    I had amniotic fluid issues with D too so do be sure to drink LOTS of fluids. It did wonders for my levels and kept induction at bay until I was past the 37 week mark (the fluid issues cropped up around 35 weeks and a few days).

    Hard to believe he'll be here soon (if he's not already that is, given that I'm commenting a week after your post).

    And yes, the Dee of four years ago would have laughed in your face if you'd have told her she'd be a mother by 2005. And then she'd probably have passed out cold if you told her she's be a mother of two in 2007.

    Hard to believe, incredible to experience.

    Glad we shared the ride to pg, infancy, and toddlerhood together :-)

    By Blogger Dee, at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home