Life After the Second Line

Monday, August 15, 2005

A Few New Things Since the Tragic Demise of One Pink Line

1. P & E have both started smiling. A lot. I am so in love with them, I can hardly stand it.
2. E has fallen off the couch. Yes, I am the worst mom ever for allowing that to happen, but in my defense, I did not know he was mobile yet at the time. Lesson learned.
3. I have learned I am not an ideal person to have on hand in case of an emergency. When said couch falling incident occurred, I became an incoherent, sobbing wreck in the 90 seconds it took the pediatrician to return my call. True, E fell probably about a foot, onto carpet, but it took at least a week for me to really convince myself he had not suffered any brain damage.
4. I got my first pedicure. It was heaven. My toes look great even when the rest of me looks like hell. Which is usually.
5. I've started my period. What??? I'm exclusively breastfeeding twins. I was sure I was in the clear for a few more months, anyway.
6. I've taken the babies for their first "real" pictures. They were little angels and caused me to spend far, far more money than I'd intended by looking so dang cute.
7. P has been evaluated by a pediatric cardiologist and been given a clean bill of health. Yay!
8. I've worked (and by "worked" I mean "nursed") my way back down into a single digit pants size. Will wonders never cease? I've been recommending breastfeeding as a weight loss tool to everyone I know. Men included.

I think that about covers it.


  • Just so you know, ALL kids fall. Every single dang one of them. And most of the time, the mother keeps it to herself and secretly looks for signs of brain damage for, like, a year. And the kids, thank God, are ALWAYS fine. As long as you keep hot coffee at least 12 inches from the edge of any surface -- even a surface that is so impossibly high your kids cannot POSSIBLY reach it -- they'll be fine. :-)

    Of my 3 kids, the fall that scared me the most was my youngest son, because we had JUST gotten him home from his 11-day NICU stay, where he had AN MRI OF HIS BRAIN, for crying out loud. So we go and let him roll off the bed. And bless his heart, he's totally fine.

    By Anonymous A., at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home