Life After the Second Line

Monday, August 15, 2005

Déjà Vu All Over Again

I'd like to start this blog by providing a link to my old blog. This is, after all, a continuation of the same story. That, unfortunately, will not be possible, because like a dumbass, I deleted it.

The original blog was called One Pink Line, and it told the story of the world's longest single IVF cycle (May through September!) and the twin pregnancy that finally resulted from it. The babies, Peyton and Ethan, were born on April 19, 2005 at 33 weeks. After a four week NICU stay for Ethan and a seven week stay for Peyton, I finally got both babies home on June 8. Following that, I kept the blog going for another month, but then, in an exausted haze, I decided to shut it down. If I had any free time, I figured, I would want to spend it sleeping, not getting online to babble incoherently for $5/month. So, I cancelled my Typepad subscripton and rode off into the sunset. The blog was deleted immediately.

About two days after I did that, a friend of mine said, "Oh no! You shouldn't have just deleted it. You could at least have downloaded it so you'd have a personal copy of everything you'd written. Damn, I wish you'd called me before you'd done that."

I, being the borderline computer illiterate that I am, had no earthly idea I could've done any such thing. Still, what she'd said got me thinking. By hitting that damn delete key, I'd erased the record of my infertility (which was ok) but also the record of my pregnancy (which was not). How could I have just erased the post from the day I FINALLY got a positive pregnancy test? Or the day when, to my complete joy and amazement, I found out I was having twins? Or when I found out they were boy/girl? Or how about the day they were born?

You get the idea.

And that's why, just more than a month after my "last" post, I've started a new blog. I may have deleted my pregnancy and birth experiences, but the twins are not even four months old yet. I figure, if I restart a blog now, I'll still eventually end up with a wonderful record of their babyhood. And the kicker: here, at Blogger, I'll end up with that record free of charge! (Yeah, I'm that cheap).

So welcome, everyone, to My Blog, Part II.

4 Comments:

  • Woohoo - you did it! I'm so happy you are back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

  • Welcome back H.

    By Blogger Lala, at 11:20 AM  

  • Yippee!

    By Blogger chris, at 5:58 PM  

  • Yay! I'm so glad you're back. I missed you.

    Usually a lurker...
    Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home